The Role: This role will involve working within Tichborne (near Winchester) and across the South. The QS/SQS will take responsibility for the commercial control of projects working closely aligned to the operational side of the team, from tender award, through implementation to completion.
- Review tender contract terms / conditions and all tender documentation. Ensuring that any main contracts entered, have terms and conditions that are appropriate for R&W, with commercial risks identified and mitigations implemented.
- Coordinating with the other parts of the wider R&W business.
- Issue and assess material and specialist subcontractor enquiries in support of projects.
- Produce robust, accurate and timely cost / value / cash flow / forecast project reports.
- Update the monthly CVR’s, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance
- Ensure that any commercial risks identified and mitigations at tender stage are carried through post-contract into delivery stage.
- Challenge resources/costs and manage any contractual changes during construction to recover any required variations and maintain a change control register.
- Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting. Always ensuring that R&W’s supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams.
- Prepare and submit interim valuations and agree final accounts.
Projects can range from small scale, to multi-million-pound schemes and may include civil, road, rail and other infrastructure projects.
Qualifications and Training required:
- Relevant Industry qualification (Minimum HND/HNC. BEng/BSc or equivalent preferred)
- Driving Licence
Non-Essential / Desirables –
- Causeway Project Accounting (CPA)
- Network Rail PTS Training
- CSCS Training
Professional Member of either RICS, ICE or similar
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience (preferably with a main contractor) within the Civil Engineering Industry (Rail & Civils). The ideal candidate will be expected to have experience in both Rail and Civil environments to enable them to provide commercial control of both Rail and Civil schemes at project level without the need for direct management or supervision.
- Good technical knowledge of NEC/ICC/NEC/Network Rail (NR) forms of contracts and a good knowledge of current Construction Law
- Working knowledge of CESMM (preferably CESMM4) and the use of estimating software for compiling estimates.
We aim to respond to your application within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within this time-frame, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – WE WORK WITH PREFERRED SUPPLIERS ONLY