Our people are our priority. Not only do we focus on recruiting talented and motivated people but we support them throughout their career to ensure they work in the R&W Way and achieve their full potential. In addition to ensuring their safety and well-being our goal is to provide personal and career development opportunities for all.
Our dedicated Training Manager ensures that our operations staff have all the necessary safety and technical qualifications they need, and encourage management and support staff to participate in courses and work shadowing for their continual professional development.
We support staff through part-time higher education courses – such as engineering degrees – and higher national certificates and diplomas. We are committed to the recruitment of apprentices, graduates and undergraduates seeking work placements and we work with local schools, colleges and universities to encourage entry to our industry.
- Recognised Investor in People
- Employing undergraduates and graduates from local universities
- Developing staff through higher education courses to degree level
- Employing staff through the government apprenticeship scheme
- Supporting student civil engineers through university placement programmes
- Recruiting local staff for local projects
- Encouraging entrants to the industry
- Working as STEM ambassadors
Growing our capability
- Consistently and steadily growing our workforce
- Investing in training to ensure highest levels of skills
- Increasing opportunities, for current and new team members
- Taking on bigger and more complex projects
- Building our specialist engineering skills and experience